Want to work in a fast-paced, fun-based environment? Advance your skydiving career at Skydive Spaceland, one of the world’s largest skydiving operations! We are open 7 days per week, year-round near Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, on our 120-acre semiprivate airpark built from the ground up exclusively for skydiving. We value safety, professionalism, and courteousness in all of our staff, whether full- or part-time.
We have a number of world record holders and highly competitive skydivers in various disciplines here at Skydive Spaceland who can help you further improve your skydiving skill set. Quite simply, we want you to work for us and we want to help you grow into the very best instructor, rigger, manifestor, or whatever it is in skydiving that you want to be! We also have examiners from The Ratings Center that call Spaceland home, and can train you for any additional ratings you don’t yet hold.
Projected Annual Customer Volume
- 9,000+ tandems
- 2,500+ AFF (STP)
- 4,500+ tandem videos
- Summer months will average 125 + work jumps per month (some do over 200) subject to multiple qualifications
- Winter months will average as few as 50 up to 100 work jumps per month subject to winter weather
- Work days are scheduled in advance and usually 5 days per week, but staff are welcome to work all days
- DZ RV slots are available with full hook-ups for $300 per month
- DZ owned RVs available for rent in addition to the slot rent
Hours of Operation
- DZ is open for business every day except Christmas Day
- Monday-Friday open at 8:00 a.m. till sunset
- Weekends open at 7:30 a.m. till sunset
- 3,000 square feet of indoor climate controlled packing space
- 5 Super Twin Otters and 3 900HP Caravans
- Air Conditioned Office work space for staff available
- 36 new Sigma Tandem Rigs
- 36 new Sun Path Student Javelins, 10 new student Icons
- Air-conditioned camera flyer work station
- On-site deli
Equipment requirements for jump staff
- Tandem Instructors: 2 altimeters and goggles
- Camera Flyers: Rig, GoPro5 or similar/better (with stabilization) and a DSLR with a bite/blow switch
- AFF (STP) Instructors: Rig, Small digital camera such as GoPro, Drift, Contour or similar
Pay & Perks (for contracted instructors and camera flyers)
- Tandem jumps: $40 (generous tips usually), no hand-cams. Additional weight compensation: $20 for 220-239 lb students, $40 for 240+ lbs.
- AFF (STP): $55 for lower levels, $45 for upper levels
- Video: $40
- Additional bonuses paid quarterly for having multiple ratings and seniority at Spaceland (up to $7 per jump for all work jumps)
- Fun Jump slots $24 to 13,500 (reg. $28)
- Organizing/mentoring is encouraged when not teaching
- Gear discounts
Our instructor rotation policy is a simple fixed rotation with a sign-in sheet for each workday. Staff that are qualified for more than one trade will be given work based on the needs of that particular load. It is quite common to make a tandem jump on one load, then shoot video on the very next.
Spaceland Dallas also offers an annual unlimited jump package that is good from Jan. 1-Dec. 31. This package covers your hop and pop and/or full-altitude slots for as many fun jumps as you can do! Contact manifest at 903-364-5103 to purchase this package or check it out online!
For more questions, please feel free to email us at manifestDFW@SkydiveSpaceland.com.