Welcome to Skydive Spaceland! We’re looking forward to jumping with you. In the meantime, here are answers to the questions most experienced jumpers ask about our drop zones. Make sure to check out our events calendar!!!
How to Get Here
Do you need help arranging travel to the area or to the DZ? We suggest Uber or Yellow Cab: (713) 236-1111. Please be advised that we are located outside the pickup range for some services from Dallas/Fort Worth, so work out a return trip with your driver before you are dropped off!
- 8 am – 5:30 pm Monday-Friday
- 7:30 am-sunset on weekends
- On-site deli serves breakfast and lunch on weekends while we’re flying
We are completing an on-site bunkhouse with shower and laundry facilities. Learn more about lodging options…
- Government-issued photo ID
- USPA membership card/license
- If you have your own gear: In-date reserve card and seal. Bring the rig to manifest so we can check it. Rental gear is available; see below.
- AAD: Optional but strongly recommended for all jumpers.
- Currency requirements: Please see the Skydiver’s Information Manual, section 5.2.
- Please put money on account before jumping. You can also buy jump tickets online to save you from checking out with manifest at the end of the day. Close out with manifest at the end of the day as soon as possible to get your card back.
- Pulling from a load after the 10-minute call may result in loss of your jump ticket.
- Wingsuiters: Be sure to manifest as a wingsuiter for each jump and see our wingsuit dive guidelines. If you don’t declare your intentions with manifest, the increased last-minute load organizing may result in you missing the load.
- Tracking/angle flying dive organizers must turn in a flight plan and be familiar with our tracking/tracing dive policies before each jump. Make sure to manifest your group as a tracking/angle flying dive. If you don’t declare your intentions with manifest, the increased last-minute load organizing may result in you missing the load.
- Teams: Please see our team rates and information page
- For more information about Manifest, see our general reminders…
- Lift tickets to 14,000ft: $28 each
- Hop N Pop 5,000ft: $22 each
- Gear Rental: $25+tax per jump
Landing Area/Safety Briefing
- Wind indicators: Flags, wind sock.
- Follow a left-hand pattern of no more than 90° turns under 1000 feet when landing in any area except the swoop park.
- Do not cross the runway under 1,000 feet.
- Please see our New jumper briefing for a map of each drop zone’s landing areas and their policies.
- Please avoid all aircraft operations areas except when boarding the aircraft.
- Avoid all propellers, moving or otherwise, at all times.
- Loading order: Wingsuiters, tandems, Skydiver Training Program, freeflyers (small to large groups), hybrid skydives, belly flyers (small to large groups), low-altitude skydives. Tracking and other horizontal skydives are approved and placed in the loading order on a case-by-case basis after approval from one of our S&TAs, load organizers, or drop zone manager.
- The person sitting behind the copilot seat must be prepared and willing to relay commands from the pilot to jumpers in an emergency situation.
- Seatbelts on until at least 1,500 feet. Open door at 1,500 feet in hot weather after checking your handles and verifying seat belts are off jumpers near the door first. Also check for a thumbs up from any instructors near the pilot. DO NOT slam the door open or closed! (More info/video on operating an Otter/Caravan door…)
- Close door around 7,000 feet in hot weather (or lower if it’s too cold) to allow students to easily talk with instructors.
- Jump run is pretty standard… Red light means open the door and check the spot, and green light means go. Particularly for hop and pop exits, make sure the aircraft is leveled off (not climbing) as you exit.
- Wingsuiters: Keep all wings collapsed for a full three seconds after leaving the aircraft to avoid hitting the tail.
- NO GUM on the airplanes!
- Helmets must be secured on heads (recommended) or otherwise for takeoff and landing.
We have a large air-conditioned packing area–so important for jumping in this climate!–available to all experienced jumpers. Packers are available for $7 per pack. Please leave any wet or sandy shoes/gear outside to dry, and DO NOT leave any food out on the floor, on top of lockers, or in lockers unless you want to invite an ant invasion. Visiting jumpers are welcome to leave gear in the packing room overnight for the next day at your own risk, but please keep it tidy and as out of the way as possible.
Our full-service rigging loft can handle almost any rig repacks and maintenance you need, plus many upgrades and alterations. Please see our Skydive Spaceland rigging form for pricing and policies, and call us at 903-364-5103 with any questions. Definitely give us a call if you are requesting a rush repack, so we can plan accordingly.
Is it time for a repack? Check our reserve repack calculator if you aren’t sure!
Lockers are available for rental for 12 months at a time. Please contact Paula@SkydiveSpaceland.com if you are interested in renting one.
- To rent our gear, you must be licensed and current in accordance with USPA SIM 5.2 or be under the direct supervision of a Skydive Spaceland STP instructor.
- Rates: $25 + tax ($26.69) per jump, includes pack job. All rental gear must be packed by our staff packers.
- Students in our Skydiver Training Program have gear priority over rentals.
- No night jumps, high pulls, or cross-country jumps on rental gear.
- Gear may be unavailable for use during certain weather or field conditions.
- After your last jump on rental gear in a day, rental rigs must be packed by our staff packers.
- Do not disconnect the RSL, remove radio pouches from chest straps, unbuckle leg straps, or otherwise reconfigure our rigs! If you think there is a rigging issue with your rig, please take it to the packers to check rather than fixing it yourself.
- All rental gear, including jumpsuits, must be on the ground at least 30 minutes before sunset.
- No smoking in rental gear, jumpsuits included. This includes traditional and electronic cigarettes.
- Gear renters (licensed/pre-licensed solo jumpers, not STP students) are responsible for paying for repairs/maintenance/replacement needed as a result of your usage of the gear. This includes cleaning and reserve open/dry/close from getting the reserve container wet on a landing. STP students and pre-licensed solo jumpers are not responsible for repacks after a cutaway, but licensed renters are.
Pets and Children
- Pets: No pets other than service animals are permitted in operating areas, but they are welcome in the parking lot and RV areas. Any service animals in operating areas must be leashed and adult-supervised at all times. Clean up after them.
- Please ensure that children and pets/service animals are directly supervised by a responsible adult at all times. If you are skydiving, please have a responsible adult supervising your children/service animal while you are jumping to ensure they stay safe and do not injure anyone or their life-saving equipment (even unintentionally). We love having all members of our family around, but we do not run a day-care service for animals or children.